Internship Exchange (UCAN)
The University Career Action Network (UCAN) is a consortium of selective colleges and universities across the United States whose mission is to share internship listings that span the United States and beyond. The consortium maintains a dynamic database of thousands of internships, many of which may not be found in The Career Center’s Handshake system. It is searchable by area of interest, geographic location, semester, educational level, salary, or company name. This database gives you access to a full range of internship opportunities in all industries.
Creating your UCAN account it a two stage process, to register please follow these instructions:
- Go to the UCAN student login page
- Click on the "Register" button.
- You must register using your Emory email address (either netID or your alias @emory.edu), complete all required fields in the registration page and click the “Submit” button. This is a two-step process, so you will not be able to search immediately after you register.
To Verify your account:
- After you register, you will need to verify your email address using the link provided via an automated email message. Check your inbox (or spam folder) and follow instructions within that email.
- After about one business day, you will receive another email that will direct you to create a password. This can be done by going to the “Profile” section and clicking on the “Password” tab. Make sure to click the “Save” button before you go to another screen.
Watch the short video tutorial in UCAN to learn how -- Log in, click the “Internships” tab at the top of the page, and click on the "Play" icon (triangle inside of circle) to the left of the "Log Out" button.
- Keywords. The easiest way to search is by using the “Keywords” function, which will search job title, description or employer name. For the best results, conduct multiple keyword searches using different keywords and industries.
- Use advanced options. Search by one or multiple locations.
- Seek specific employers. The “Employers” tab allows you to search by employer and save “Favorites.”
- Search agents. Use the “Search Agents” to pick up internships that meet your search criteria.
Uploading and sharing your documents:
You can upload multiple resumes, cover letters, transcripts and Word documents to be used when applying for available positions. Go to the “Documents” tab and select “Add New.” Select the type of document and then click “Browse” to select your document. For unofficial transcripts, go to your OPUS account and copy and paste your records into a word document, then upload onto the site.