Graduate School Recruiting
Emory’s Career Center is committed to helping recruiters from graduate and professional school programs connect with Emory students. Recruiters can meet with Emory students in a variety of ways:
- Arranging a Campus Visit (available throughout the school year)
- Attending our Grad School Fair (held each Fall semester)
- Attending Law Admissions Networking Night (for law schools only, held in conjunction with the LSAC Atlanta Law Forum each Fall semester)
- Attending our Law School Fair (held each Janaury)
If you would like to stay abreast of grad school-related events at Emory, please use the link on the right to sign up for our Grad School Recruiter Litserv.
If you are unable to attend our fair or would simply like to visit our students at another time of year, you may arrange a campus visit through The Career Center. Representatives are encouraged to contact our office at least 2 weeks in advance of the intended visit to allow ample time for logistical arrangements and marketing efforts to be made. In an effort to better organize campus visits and make them more productive for visiting recruiters, The Career Center has put forth the following guidelines:
Evening programs tend to have better attendance than daytime programs due to students’ class schedules. It is also more difficult to secure a room location during the day due to classes being in session. Recruiters are encouraged to host sessions beginning at or after 5:30 p.m., as
thesewill typically yield a stronger turnout. Recruiters who must come to campus during the day are encouraged to hold an information table in our student center during the lunch timeframe.
Visits that are scheduled close to exam periods and school breaks may not have strong attendance. Please consult with a Career Center staff person to check your preferred date with our school calendar.
No campus visits will be scheduled during the day on Mondays or on the day following a University break or holiday. This is to ensure adequate time to remind students of the impending visit and encourage strong attendance.
No visits will be scheduled on Fridays after 1:00 p.m. With many students not having classes on Fridays or leaving campus for the weekend, experience has shown that this is not a well-attended timeframe for sessions.
For most direct advertising, please furnish an electronic version of a flyer to us that can be sent to our student email lists. This ensures that news of your visit will arrive in the email inbox of thousands of Emory undergraduate students. Flyers should be provided to Kalesha Ervin for graduate programs, PreHealth Mentoring Office for health programs, or Rodia Vance for law schools.
Thank you for your interest in attending Emory’s Grad School Fair. Emory’s annual Grad School Fair is an excellent opportunity to get up close and personal with our dynamic student population and engage with students who are primed to hear more about graduate and professional school programs. With approximately 30% of each graduating class going on to pursue advanced education directly after graduation, Emory students are primed for attendance at the Grad School Fair. Average yearly attendance is approximately 350 students per year. Emory's 2018 Grad School Fair will be held on Monday, October 29, from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in the Cox Hall Ballroom on Emory's campus. Registration for this year's fair will open on June 18, 2018. Check back on this page at that time for more information. A registration link will also be posted in the box to the right at that time.
Please note that Emory's Career Center utilizes Handshake, a career management software platform for Career Services offices, to conduct registration for the Grad School Fair. Registration for the fair will only be done through the Handshake system, and therefore recruiters will need to create an account for themselves in Handshake if they do not already have one. If you do not have a Handshake account, you can create one at www.joinhandshake.com. Please note that graduate programs should create an "Employer" account in the Handshake system to be able to register for the fair.
Should you have any questions about Emory's fair, please contact Kalesha Ervin (email@example.com) or Rodia Vance (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you are planning to attend Emory's fair, be sure to check out the dates of other Georgia grad fairs to maximize your trip to the state. The dates for the 2018 Georgia Grad Fair Circuit will be posted on the Circuit website at www.georgiagradfairs.com.
Each fall, Emory hosts the Law Admissions Networking Night event as an opportunity for admissions representatives and law school applicants to interact and network in a more informal way than a traditional law fair. This event is always held on the Thursday evening before the weekend of the LSAC Atlanta Law Forum, as most law schools will already have a representative in town for the Forum, eliminating the expense of making a separate trip to Emory for the event.
Emory's 2018 Law Admissions Networking Night is scheduled for Thursday, October 18. The event will be held from 7:00 - 8:30 p.m. in the Cox Hall Ballroom on Emory's campus. To register, click on the link above.
For those interested in attending, please note the following policies and procedures for the event:
- Registration for the event is required through Handshake.
- There is a $40 cost per representative to attend. Once you submit your registration form, you will receive an automatic email which will contain the link to pay by credit card and the address to submit a payment by check.
- Your spot will not be confirmed until we have received both a registration AND payment for your program. No exceptions! Once we receive your payment, a final confirmation packet will be sent to you containing directions for parking and shipping materials in advance of the event.
- Only one representative per school will be permitted to attend. This is done to ensure that we maintain a good balance between admissions representatives and students at the event and to prevent overcrowding of the event.
For any questions about the program, please contact Emory’s Director of Pre-Law Advising, Rodia Vance, at email@example.com.
Emory will host its 2019 Law School Fair on Monday, January 28, 2019 from 5:30 - 7:30 p.m. in Cox Hall Ballroom. The Law School Fair is open to all ABA-Approved (provisional or full) law schools as of the date of the fair. The law fair has seen an average attendance of 125 students each year since its inception in 2016. Registration for the Law School Fair will be done on Handshake and is now open. Click the link in the side box on the right to register. Any questions regarding the event can be sent to Rodia Vance at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Emory's 2019 fair is timed to coincide with other area law school fairs to assist recruiters in making one trip for multiple schools. The 2019 "SAPLA Swing" will consist of events at the following schools:
- Mon, January 28 - Georgia Tech (daytime fair); Contacts: Susan Belmonte (email@example.com) and Monique Morris (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Mon, January 28 - Emory University (evening fair)
- Tues, January 29 - Tuskegee University; Contacts: Tammy Laughlin (email@example.com) and Shenita Brazelton (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Wed, January 30 - Auburn University; Contact: Debra Armstrong-Wright, email@example.com
- Thur, January 31 - The University of Alabama; Contact: Tyler Roberts, firstname.lastname@example.org
Please contact the respective coordinator at each school for questions about their event.